Europe’s mainstream media excludes, ignores, and blocks those ideas that do not fit into the worldview that they force day in and day out. They will ignore this as well. This is nothing new to us Central-Europeans. This is what we invented the samizdat for. Write, print, read, distribute!
Samizdat, “self-publishing”—or in other words, written by us, for us.
On December 3, Manfred Weber claimed, among various German-accredited experts, that the rule of law mechanism was not created to spite Hungary and Poland. He went even further to say that the goal is to depoliticize the rule of law issues and extract them from party political debates.
The truth however is the exact opposite. This is evidenced by the following statements:
- Jourová: Orbán is building a sick democracy.
- Reynders: There is a rule of law crisis in certain Member States. Particularly in Hungary and Poland.
- Timmermans: Freedom of press is almost nonexistent in Hungary.
- Dalli: This mechanism is the way to get Member States in line.
- Vice President Barley: Hungary and Poland must be starved out.
- Verhofstadt: We do not need to prove that Hungary and Poland’s operations are in line with the system currently being set up. This is already proven. We must immediately initiate it.
- Maas: We will finally have a tool that will be very painful for both
Hungary and Poland.
- Asselborn: This cancer must be eliminated. Hungary is a dictatorship,
just like Belarus.
The situation is clear dear Manfred. You want to change the current legal system and introduce a new mechanism that can immediately be used against Hungary and Poland. In light of the statements from the European Commission, the European Parliament, and various national governments’ politicians, you can no longer deny this. But you expect us Hungarians to just accept this.
The Germans have asked a lot from us Hungarians throughout history—but you are the first to take us for fools. We are not.